Monday, June 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

I was looking through some of my notes on Facebook the other day and I found this post that I had written for Thanksgiving last year, and then last night my pastor preached a message on giving God praise so I thought I would share because MY GOD IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED!!
"Thanksgiving week is coming to an end, but that doesn't mean I need to stop giving God praise for the countless blessings He has given me in my life. This year has not been easy by any means, but I'm thankful that God has never left my side. I've turned my back on Him so many times, and yet He always welcomes me back with open arms. I'm thankful that four years ago He found something in me that was worth saving. I'm thankful that He has given me hope and a future. I'm thankful for His Love, His Grace, and His Mercy. I'm thankful that He is not only my Father, but He is also my Best Friend. I'm thankful that He has given me peace, comfort, and understanding in the moments when I needed it the most. I'm thankful for the lives of those He has taken from my life. I'm thankful for the difference they made on this earth and the lives they impacted while they were here. I'm thankful for the vision He has given me for my life. I'm thankful that He has led me to a school where I'm surrounded by amazing people who are full of His Holy Spirit. I'm thankful not only for His guidance and direction, but for His discernment and confirmation as well. I'm thankful for the spiritual leaders, encouragers, and prayer warriors He has placed in my life. I'm thankful for my amazing family, the constant stronghold in my life. I'm thankful for my amazing church family, the church that Love is building. I'm thankful for my amazing youth group, the bloodline of Christ. I'm thankful for new friends God has placed into my life and the joyous mystery of what is yet to come. I'm thankful for old friends God has placed back into my life and the unfolding of His mysterious, magnificent plan. I'm thankful for His Holy Word and all that He has taught me through the years. I'm thankful for the power of His conviction. I'm thankful for His daily inspiration. I'm thankful for His perfect plan. I'm thankful that He knows me better than I know myself. I'm thankful that He is in control. I'm thankful for the valleys where He has grown me and the valuable lessons learned. I'm thankful for answered prayers. I'm thankful for His birth, His life, His death, His resurrection, and His return. There aren’t enough words to describe how Great He truly is, nor how grateful I will forever be. But I trust there will come a day when I can finally give Him the praise He deserves, and I can only imagine what a glorious day that will be!"

1 comment:

  1. How Beautiful!! You covered it all !! I am so thankful for you and all that God is doing in your life !! You done a amazing job Sunday we were all so proud of you !!I know how God must have been smiling down on you and your grandma's too !!We Love You and pray for you Always !!
    Maw Maw and Paw Paw

    ReplyDelete