Friday, July 8, 2011

Broken & Beautiful

This is a study I did last year, but I came across it the other day and it spoke to my heart once again. It's short, sweet, and to the point - but it speaks truth that words can't explain. Like many of my studies, it begins with a question... Why does God find broken people beautiful? It's one of those things that I've always known to be true, but I've often wondered why it's true. Why does a perfect God love imperfect people? It doesn't seem like there could be an answer to that type of question, but God's Word says to ask and it will be given to you, and on this particular day He gave four answers to my one question.
  1. When they are broken, He is near. (Psalm 34:18)
  2. He desires their broken spirit & delights in their sacrifice. (Psalm 51:16-17)
  3. Broken people are looking for a Savior. (Psalm 69:20)
  4. Brokenness comes to pass and beauty follows. (Ecclesiastes 3:10-11)
Take time to look up the scripture attached with each answer, ponder them in your heart, and let God speak to you personally. Listen to this song as well and allow the words to minister to you.


"We all fall short. We all have sinned. But when you let God's Grace break in, it's beautiful. Come as you are. Surrender your heart. Broken and Beautiful."

No comments:

Post a Comment