Thursday, June 9, 2011

Changes

"All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward."

          The more changes I experience in my life, the more I find this quote to be true. The opposite of growth is stagnation or decay. It breaks my heart to sit back and watch people change in ways that are not pleasing to God. I've seen people I love experience that slow fade until they are completely out of God's will. I've watched as people I care about allow others to change them and transform them instead of letting God have control in their lives. I've seen people try so hard to imitate the actions of others that they lose sight of their own vision and eventually forget that God created them for a unique purpose. They've become stagnant, and some have even begun to decay and wither away. This is not the kind of change God wants to see in our lives. God wants to see us get on fire and burn for Him. God wants to see us take the vision He gives us and run with it. God wants to see us love others and reach out to those in need. God wants to see us grow in Him, not away from Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment