Tuesday, November 2, 2010

God Never Fails!

Does this sound familiar?
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
This is a portion from one of the more familiar passages of scripture, 1 Corinthians 13 (NIV). It is commonly used as the scripture reading of weddings, for obvious reasons. And though it teaches a powerful message of love, I interpret it in a slightly different form. When I read this passage I am reminded of 1 John 4:8 which states that God is love. By substituting the two synonyms, God revealed a slightly different message of Love to me...
  1. Without God, I have nothing (v.1)
  2. Without God, I am nothing (v.2)
  3. Without God, I profit nothing (v.3)
  4. God is patient and kind (v.4)
  5. God is not easily angered; He keeps no record of wrongs (v.5)
  6. God does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth (v. 6)
  7. God always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres (v.7)
  8. GOD NEVER FAILS! (v.8)

No comments:

Post a Comment