Thursday, October 10, 2013

Retrospect

In retrospect, I see more clearly. 

I see the straight path beyond the curve.
I see the sun beyond the clouds.
I see the light just past the tunnel.
I see the lessons learned in valleys deep.
A new perspective.
A different view.
In retrospect, I see more clearly.
In retrospect, I understand.

The temporary darkness.
The momentary pain.
The highs and lows.
The twists and turns.
One day you will see where it all leads.
One day you will see where He's been leading you.
In retrospect, you'll see more clearly.
In retrospect, you'll understand.

God has never left your side.
He will never let you down.
He's been working on your behalf all along.

He is bigger than our failures.
He is better than our mistakes.
He can take the wrongs and make it right.
He can transform the bad into the good.
Even our sinfulness reveals His glory.
Even our shame brings praise to His name.
In retrospect, we'll see more clearly.
In retrospect, we'll understand.

His mercy and grace.
His love and compassion.
I recognize it better because of the struggle.
I appreciate it more because if the storm.

In retrospect, I see more clearly.
In retrospect, I understand.

Don't give up.
Don't give in.
Don't lose sight of hope.
Keep watch for what is yet to come.
Keep your faith in His trustworthy hand.
God is not done with you yet - 
Your day of retrospect is just around the bend.

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment