Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weakness in the Spirit: Where do I find my strength?

Last night I found myself on my knees, pleading with God for revelation, restoration, and revival in my spiritual walk. I felt weak spiritually, and I longed for the same hunger and desire I used to have for God's Word. I found myself wondering, "Where did the strength I one time had come from? And how do I get it back?" God led me to Psalm 27:1 which reads, "The Lord is my light; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" As I read, there was one part in particular which stood out to me - "the Lord is my strength". In other words, God doesn't just give me strength; He is my strength. And so much more...

1. "God is my strength and POWER..." (2 Samuel 22:33)
          * Without Him I am powerless, and away from Him I am weak.
2. "With Him is WISDOM and strength..." (Job 12:13)
          * Strength, without the wisdom to understand it, is useless.
3. "...My God, my strength, in whom I will TRUST..." (Psalm 18:2)
          * If we don't put our trust in Him, our weakness will be revealed.
4. "God is our REFUGE and strength..." (Psalm 46:1)
          *In the midst of our weakness and fear, the strength of God is there to protect and comfort us.
5. "The Lord is my strength and SONG..." (Psalm 118:14)
          *Strength comes from giving prasie to the One who is our strength.

By this time I had come to the realization that I find strength, power, wisdom, and refuge in God alone. I had also learned that in order to receive strength from God, I must first place my trust completely in Him and give Him all the praise. But one key component to my question was missing: Where?

6. "...Strength and beauty are in His SANCTUARY." (Psalm 96:6)
          *When we enter the sacred place of worship, we find beauty and strength in the arms of God. This sancuary is not just referring to the physical church or the Sunday morning service. This sanctuary, is one in which you experience personal, one-on-one time with God throughout the week - this is where the true strength of God is revealed.

And finally...

7. "...His strength is in the CLOUDS." (Psalm 68:34)
          *Lift up your eyes! If you are searching for strength with your head down in defeat, you will never find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment